Thursday, September 11, 2008

Scabs!

Gross, huh? Moving onward in our study of the circulatory system, which is so fascinating I might add, we discussed how the body protects itself from infection. Enter - red and white blood cells and platelets! Yahoo! This is a fun little project that we did. First I cut up a bunch of "platelets" and " red and white blood cells". Then I cut a few large holes from a piece of black construction paper and laid tape over the holes. Then I told a story about Billy -- Billy was a daring kind of guy who liked to do exciting stunts on his bike...." You can figure out where blood came in. So Billy has this accident and scrapes up his whole arm (the black construction paper). Who come rushing to the rescue but our heroes, the blood cells and platelets! The girls had to cover the sticky opening entirely to prevent infection. As they did that, I did little cheers for the "players". It was a short but fun exercise. Even Dayna was singing "blood cells, blood cells!".

1 comment:

SoCalVal said...

I love the change in template, you blogging girl! Great job! The hair cuts on the girls look great, too. You are such a good homeschooling mom!!!

Valerie